- These Terms and Conditions are between Across The Horizon (“the Consultancy”) and the Client. Please read carefully and accept these Terms of Service before using WWW.ACROSSTHEHORIZON.NET. If you disagree with any part of the terms, then you may not access the service.
- Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions by the Client, the terms and conditions are irrevocable and can only be amended with the written consent of the Consultancy.
- The Client undertakes to give the Consultancy notice, within 24 hours, of any change in the Client’s name, phone number, email, address and/or any other change in the Client’s details.
- “Consultancy” shall mean Across The Horizon. its successors and assigns or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of Across The Horizon.
- “Client” shall mean an interested applicant for a study abroad, work abroad, scholarships, or loan services as offered by Across The Horizon.
- “Fee” shall mean a percentage or monetary payment, which is payable by the Client to the Consultancy for the services in clause 3 of the terms of service.
- “Services” shall mean all services provided by Across The Horizon to the Client whereby clients are assisted with the study abroad and work abroad process or loan and scholarship process.
- Scholarship Competition: At Across The Horizon, one of our primary services includes providing free scholarship applications citizens and residents of African countries. Such applications will be free and be opened and closed on a date and time designated at the sole discretion of Across The Horizon. The reviewing and awarding process will be based on an array of factors reserved for Across The Horizon and its principals. The client must be willing to accept the timeline stated by the consultancy as this service will be delivered according to the stipulated time given. The consultancy is not under any obligation to provide this service and reserves the right to discontinue it at any time with little or no notice.
- Venture Capital/Entrepreneurship Fund: The consultancy will provides funding to aspiring African entrepreneurs that meet its business plan criteria, and can agree to the rules and requirements of the program. Such applications will be free and be opened and closed on a date and time designated at the sole discretion of Across The Horizon. The reviewing and awarding process will be based on an array of factors reserved for Across The Horizon and its principals. The client must be willing to accept the timeline stated by the consultancy as this service will be delivered according to the stipulated time given. The consultancy is not under any obligation to provide this service and reserves the right to discontinue it at any time with little or no notice.
- Work Abroad: One of the consultancy’s services is helping the client through the work abroad process. Depending on the profession and skill level, some jobs may take a lesser or longer time to process than others. Unskilled jobs take between1-12 months to process while Skilled and Highly paying jobs take between 1- 24 months. This timeline is only an estimate and may take longer than stipulated. The client must be willing to accept This eventuality as this service will be delivered accordingly.
- Study Abroad: One of the consultancy’s services is helping the client through the study abroad process. Depending on the educational level, qualifications, and test results, the process may take lesser or longer time. BSc takes between 1-6 months to process while masters and Ph.D. may take between6- 12 months. This timeline is only an estimate and may take longer than stipulated. The client must be willing to accept This eventuality as this service will be delivered accordingly.
- Visa / Consultation Services: The consultancy provides consultation services, for study abroad, general travels, and work abroad, for a nonrefundable fee of $5 per consultation.
Fees and Payments
- The consultancy charges the following fees:
- Scholarship Application: $0
- Study Abroad Consultation: $10.99
- Work Abroad Consultation: $10.99
- Visa/General Consultation: $10.99
- Venture Capital/Entrepreneurship Fund Application: $0
- Consultation fees are final and nonrefundable
- All other monies for processing paid for study abroad, work abroad, and visas are fully refundable within 72 hours of payment with no questions asked.
- The consultancy will offer no refund whatsoever after 72 hours of payment.
- Our services are open to individuals who are over 18years of Age.
- Those below 18 must have a parent or guardian contact us on their behalf.
- The consultancy does not discriminate on gender, race, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or disability.
- The client is responsible for every cost incurred during the study abroad and works abroad process including accommodation, visa, and flight tickets. The consultancy will only provide optional advisory services for the above.
- The client will be handed a copy of the revised resume for the application of jobs.
- All information forwarded by the Consultancy from the Client shall be strictly private and confidential between the parties involved and cannot be forwarded to any other party unless formal written permission is given, in advance, by either party.
- Should these conditions be breached by the Client; the Consultancy reserves the right to access the penalty fee.
- By using our services, The client agrees to settle all dispute arising from the use of such services as provided by the consultancy through arbitration in and within the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Any information retained from the client is therefore based on details supplied to the Consultancy and is correct to the best of the Consultancy’s knowledge. The Consultancy accepts no responsibility whatsoever for errors, omissions or incorrect conclusions. In a case where the client has provided false information, the consultancy has a right to terminate the contract with no refund made to the client.
- The Consultancy cannot accept responsibility for any loss or expense incurred due to the Client’s lack of familiarity with the services they are requesting, or as a result of any infringement.
Addendum to this agreement
- Liability of registered User(s). Registered User is responsible for any and all complaints, claims, causes of action and/or lawsuits caused by or arising out of registered User’s breach of these Terms and/or Registered User’s use of the Website and/or User-Generated Content. Registered User shall indemnify, reimburse and hold Across The Horizon harmless for any and all such liability to the extent permitted by law and in accordance with Sections below.
- Actions by Across The Horizon. If we have reason to believe that you have engaged in any Restricted Activities, we may take various actions to protect Across The Horizon, Users, and other third parties claims, fees, fines, penalties, and any other liability. The actions we may take include but are not limited to the following:
- We may close, suspend, or limit your access to your Account and/or the Website and/or Features;
- We may contact your bank or credit card issuer, and/or warn other Users, law enforcement, or impacted third parties of your actions;
- We may update inaccurate information you provided us;
- We may refuse to provide access to the Website to you in the future;
- We may take legal action against you.
- Actions by other third parties. You are responsible for third-party complaints caused by or arising out of your breach of these Terms, and/or your use of the Website and/or User-Generated Content. You agree to reimburse Across The Horizon and/or a third party for any and all such liability.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Across The Horizon, and its employees, agents, distribution partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their related companies from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, obligations, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of, related to, or that may arise in connection with:
- Your access to or use of the website;
- User-generated content provided by you or through use of your account;
- Any actual or alleged violation or breach by you of these terms;
- Any actual or alleged breach of any representation, warranty, or covenant that you have made to us;
- Your acts or omissions;
- Loss of or damage to user-generated content for any reason. You agree to cooperate fully with us in the defense of any claim that is the subject of your obligations hereunder.
You expressly agree that use of the website is at your sole risk. The website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Across The Horizon disclaims and any and all warranties including any:
- Warranties that the website will meet your requirement;
- Warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, security, usefulness, timeliness, or informational content of the website;
- Warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose;
- Warranties for services or goods received through or advertised on our website or accessed through the website;
- Warranties concerning the accuracy or reliability of the results that may be obtained from the use of the website;
- Warranties that your use of the website will be secure or uninterrupted;
- Warranties that errors in the website will be corrected. any content or software downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the website is done at your own discretion and risk. across the horizon shall have no responsibility for any damage to your computer system and/or device(s) or loss of data that results from the download of any content or software and/or use of the website.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
- Under no circumstances shall across the horizon, and its employees, agents, distribution partners, affiliates, subsidiaries and their related companies be liable for indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages arising out of, relating to, or in any way connected with the website and/or these terms. your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the website including, without limitation, the website is to stop using the website. such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages incurred by reason of services or products received through or advertised in connection with the website or any links on the website, as well as by reason of any information or advice received through or advertised in connection with any of the website or any links on the website. such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages incurred by reason of any content posted by a third-party or conduct of a third-party on the website.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, in no event shall the cumulative liability of across the horizon and its employees, agents, distribution partners, affiliates, subsidiaries and their related companies exceed the amount of the single instance registration fee paid to across the horizon by the user.
- You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of the website, or in anyway related to these terms, must be filed within thirthy (30) days after such claim or cause of action arose or such claim will be forever barred.
- In some jurisdictions limitations of liability are not permitted. in such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you. notwithstanding, these limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Disputes involving Across The Horizon. In the event that a lawsuit is filed against a User of Across The Horizon, and Across The Horizon needs to seek legal counsel for any involvement in the matter, the User shall pay for all legal fees associated with the lawsuit. This clause in no way limits Across The Horizon’s right to hire legal counsel of its choice.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion and at any time to terminate or suspend your Account and/or block your access to the Website for any reason including, without limitation if you have failed to comply with the letter and spirit of these Terms. You agree that Across The Horizon shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or suspension of your Account or for blocking your access to the Website and/or any User-Generated Content that may reside there.
- If you become a registered user, you may terminate your Account at any time by accessing your Account and deleting it. Before any Account may be deleted, any outstanding charges issued against the Account must be paid.
- Any suspension or termination shall not affect your obligations to us under these Terms. The provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive the suspension or termination of your Account or these Terms shall survive including, but not limited to the rights and licenses that you have granted hereunder, indemnities, releases, disclaimers, limitations on liability, and provisions related to choice of law.
CHOICE OF LAW; FORUM
These Terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, without regard to its conflict of laws rules.
Across The Horizon makes no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you access this site from another location, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if, and to the extent they are applicable. The parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in Ibadan, Nigeria in any action arising out of or relating to these Terms. The parties waive any other venue to which either party might be entitled by domicile or otherwise.
AMENDMENT; ADDITIONAL TERMS
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion and at any time and for any reason, to modify or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Website or to modify these Terms.
- In addition, we reserve the right to provide you with operating rules or Additional Terms that may govern your use of the Website generally, unique parts of the Website, or both (“Additional Terms”). Any Additional Terms that we may provide to you will be incorporated by reference into these Terms. To the extent any Additional Terms conflict with these Terms, the Additional Terms will control.
- Modifications to these Terms or Additional Terms will be effective immediately upon notice, either by posting on the Website or by notification by email or conventional mail. It is your responsibility to review these Terms and the Website from time to time for any changes or Additional Terms. Your access and use of any the Website following any modification of these Terms or the provision of Additional Terms will signify your assent to and acceptance of the same. If you object to any subsequent revision to the Terms or to any Additional Terms, you may terminate your Account as provided in Sections above or, if you do not have an Account, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the Website.
CHOICE OF LAW; MANDATORY ARBITRATION
- This agreement, the website and/or any dispute arising therefrom shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the federal republic of Nigeria. the parties waive any other venue to which either party might be entitled by domicile or otherwise. Across The Horizon makes no representation that materials on the website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. With respect to any dispute arising out of or related to this agreement, the parties hereby agree that all disputes arising under this agreement shall promptly be submitted to a legal mediator in Ibadan Nigeria, before one mediator in accordance with the rules of Nigeria. The mediator may assess costs in favor of across the horizon only, including counsel fees, in such manner as the mediator deems fair and equitable. The award of the mediator shall be final and binding upon all parties, and judgment upon the award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. The parties hereby waive any right to a trial by jury in connection with any dispute arising out of this agreement, the website and/or any dispute arising therefrom.
- Any delay or failure on the part of us to exercise or enforce any rights under these Terms to which we may be entitled shall not, in any event, be construed as a waiver of the right and privilege to do so at any subsequent time. You irrevocably agree that you waive any and all rights to injunctive or other equitable relief. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- You may not assign these Terms or assign any rights or delegate any obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent. Any such purported assignment or delegation by you without the appropriate prior written consent will be null and void and of no force and effect. Across The Horizon reserves the right to transfer or assign these Terms or any right or obligation under these Terms at any time.
- Notices. Except as otherwise set forth herein, notices made by us to you under these Terms that affect our customers generally (e.g., notices of Additional Terms, etc.) will be posted on the Website. Notices made by us under these Terms for you or your Account specifically (e.g., notices of breach and/or suspension) will be provided to you via the email address provided to us in your registration for the Account or in any updated e-mail address you provide to us in accordance with standard account information update procedures we may provide from time to time. It is your responsibility to keep your email address current and you will be deemed to have received an email sent to any such email address, upon our sending of the email, whether you receive the email. For notices made by you to us under these Terms and for questions regarding these Terms or the Services, you may contact Terms as follows: Across The Horizon Enterprise, ATTN: LEGAL, 3RD 3rd Floor Danax Health Plaza, Adamasingba Mokola Ibadan, and firstname.lastname@example.org. All communications and notices to be made or given pursuant to these Terms shall be in the English language.
- Relationship. Nothing contained in these Terms shall be deemed to constitute either party a partner, joint venture or employee of the other party for any purpose.
- Force Majeure. Across The Horizon shall not be liable for any default, delay in the performance of any of its obligations under these Terms or your inability to access the Website and/or User-Generated Content if such default or delay is caused, directly or indirectly, by forces beyond Across The Horizon’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, fire, flood, acts of God, labor disputes, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, interruptions of transportation or communications (including third-party integrations related to social media, server malfunctions, or any other mechanical, electronic, or communication error), power outages, supply shortages or the failure of any third party to perform any commitment relating to the production or delivery of any equipment or material required for Across The Horizon to perform its obligations hereunder.
- Attorney’s Fees. In any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms, Across The Horizon shall have the right to collect from the other party its reasonable attorney fees and costs and necessary expenditures and such punitive and/or liquidated damages as the arbiter deems appropriate and just.
First Published, July 2018.
Updated, August 2019