10 Mind Blowing-Facts About Studying Abroad
September 25, 2017

The 2 Easiest, Cheapest, and Fastest Way to Immigrate to any Country

People move abroad for different reasons. The most popular reasons for moving abroad has being to go look for greener pastures or better life opportunities. Over the years, some advanced countries have promoted different kinds of relocation programs in order to attract skilled immigrants. These relocation programs usually require that you are a professional in some certain profession or a wealthy investor looking to start a business in that country. If you are like the majority of people who want to relocate, chances are that you wouldn’t be able to meet some, if not all, of their requirements. The question is then raised. How does a common man relocate to an advanced country?

Well, I have some suggestions for you. Please note that these are merely suggestions and do not constitute any kind of legal or immigration advice. You will have to talk to a travel consultant or immigration lawyer or advisor regarding what’s best for you. So, let’s get started with my top 2 suggestions on how to immigrate abroad as easy and cheaply as possible. These suggestions have been tested, tried, and has proven positive results.

  1. Visitor’s or Tourism Visa

Just like the name sounds, this kind of visa is solely for the express purpose of visiting and tourism. It is illegal to perform any kind of work under this kind of visa. But, here is the catch, while on your vacation, you could meet with some recruiting agencies, hiring managers, HR personnel’s, attend job fairs, and meet with potential employers to see what opportunities are available for foreigners in their company. That way, you can make good connections that’ll help you kick start your relocation agenda after you return to your home country.  You can also use this opportunity to tour colleges and universities you’d like to attend, meet with professors and admission officers. Most schools in the United States and Canada usually have a department dedicated to giving tours to potential students. You can use your holiday as a stepping stone to kick starting your relocation plans. But remember, if you mention this during your interview, you could be found inadmissible or be barred from entering your choice country for years.

  1. Student Visa

Student visas are issued expressly for the purpose of going to school in the host country. Some countries like the United States and Canada allows students to work on campus. Student can work part time while school is in session and full-time while school is off session. Students in the United States can also get CPT authorization to work off-campus in a job directly related to their course of study. After graduation, international students can apply for OPT which gives them authorization to stay and work in the United States for up to 12 months. STEM students can work for up to 24 months. During OPT, International Students can have their employer apply for an H1 visa for them. This visa allows them to stay and work in the country for another 6 years. International students can then have their employer petition for them to remain in the Unites States as a permanent resident, which could potentially lead to U.S. Citizenship.  Other advanced countries like Canada, Singapore, Netherlands, Australia, and New Zealand have similar programs for international students.

You can also look into the Canadian Express Entry Program or U.S. Diversity Immigrant Visa Program popularly known as the DV lottery Express.

The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV Program) makes up to 50,000 immigrant visas available annually, drawn from random selection among all entries to individuals who are from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States. The DV Program is administered by the U.S. Department of State (DOS). Most lottery winners reside outside the United States and immigrate through consular processing and issuance of an immigrant visa. To learn more, visit the U.S. Department of State’s website.


The Canadian Express Entry system covers applicants who want to relocate under the following routes – Federal skilled worker, Federal skilled trade and Canadian experience class. According to CIC Canada Candidates will be ranked against others in the pool using a point-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will regularly select the highest-ranking candidates from the pool by inviting them to apply to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents.  You can learn more about this program by visiting the Canadian government immigration website here.

For questions or enquiries on how to relocate using any of these routes, you can email me at ask@acrossthehorizon.net or connect with us by clicking any of the social media button at the top left corner of this page. Thanks for reading.

Sunday Paul Adah
Sunday Paul Adah
I enjoy writing, traveling, and helping people reach their educational and travel related goals. I have visited over 40 countries and still counting.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *